The marriage ceremony has been an important feature across nearly every culture, religion, generation, and society.
We have thousands of important moments that happen throughout our lives, but this one is regarded as one so critical, we acknowledge its special status by sharing it with others.
There’s always a new and different way for you to make your wedding ceremony yours.
The ceremony should reflect the bride and groom’s passions and character.
Here are 14 unique ways to personalize your wedding..
- Write your own vows.
- Turn the celebrant around and face the guests instead of facing away from the guests.
- Have your guests sit or stand in a circle around you as you are married.
- Have a ring warming. (What’s a ring warming you ask? There are different versions of this, but generally the rings are placed in a small bag and are passed around to each guest prior to the ring exchange. Each guest blesses the rings or says a prayer).
- Bridesmaids could carry something other than flowers, if flowers aren’t a special object in your life. Perhaps candles, or a book, or a ceremonial symbol.
- Have a man of honor or a best girl.
- Honor your cultures with a prayer, poem or song from your heritage.
- Hold the ceremony in a place that’s special to you both, perhaps underwater or in a certain restaurant.
- Hire a professional to sing a song of your choosing.
- Choose a processional song that is very special to both of you.
- Have your closest friends and family marry you. Involve all of them in the ceremony, not just as groomsmen or bridesmaids, but ask them to perform a ceremonial aspect of the ceremony or sing a song, perhaps even a poem or a scripture reading.
- Go without an official bridal party and tell everyone invited that they are your bridal party.
- Exit the ceremony to spend a few moments in private together, instead of walking into the crowd of guests.
- Ask the celebrant to identify guests subtly or secretly in the message. It might be a nice way of subtly honoring them.
How are you planning on personalizing your ceremony?
I’d love to hear your comments ↓↓
Do you know a bride that would love this post?
← ← Share it over there or down here ↓↓ (She will thank you)
Brides, don’t miss out! Enroll in the FREE online course “15 Ways to Avoid Wedding Dress Regret” before purchasing your dress.
It takes you through everything you need to do prior to your wedding dress shopping and it’s FREE.
Visit MJ Teaches It for comprehensive courses designed to help brides in planning their own wedding.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, so you don’t miss out on posts to help you with your wedding planning ↑↑
467 total views, 2 views today